TRAVIS IS DA MAN!!!!!

Mistah

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2005
Maui, Hawaii
www.mistahrecords.com
Ok you all know I'm out here in "We don't stock that item" paradise called Hawaii. Awhile ago I bought a Mopar style M/C from Art Morison and was trying to figure how to mount it as a manual unit on my firewall. Then Steel Concepts produce the answer I was looking for and I get one. This thing arrives and is soooo sweeeet! Anyway, I go to mate the M/C and it doesn't fit!!! AAHHHGGG!!!! The centering hole is a little too small and the studs are too big. After getting over the initial upset, I figure I'd take it all to a local machinist ( I was going to drill it out myself on my lathe and M/C holes on my drill press, but I'd only fug it up with my pirate eye). He tells me it'll cost a $100!! I almost grabbed his freakin' neck!! So I'm rigging up to do it myself because I am not paying a $100 just to drill holes, that's more than the plate costs for a CNC piece with the super sexy mounting studs and lock nuts! Here comes my buddy (We all got one, with better common sense than we have at THAT moment) and screams "Are you NUTS???!!!! Don't touch that sweet plate or drill out the M/C, you will alter the integrity of the parts that could result in system failure at the wrong time. Call Travis and have the correct M/C sent, CASE CLOSED". Though I didn't want to listen at first 'cause I wanted it done NOW, NOW, NOW, I knew he was right. Besides he wouldn't allow me to get into the car with that set up. Instead of fighting with him(I'd kill'em) I odered the correct M/C from Travis that day, Tuesday, and explained my situation. NO PROBLEM HE SAID. It was shipped on wednesday, and arrived here on saturday!

WOW HOW IS THAT FOR SERVICE!!!!! I'm glad I listened to my buddy (Don't tell him :roll: ) and Travis hooked me up waaaaay out here in Hawaii 6000 miles away. I wish all the mail order business's were stand-up like him. Great support Travis!!!

For all of you who are thinking of modifying your brake componeents to get'em to fit and save time and money, go back and read this post again.
Brakes are the one area that needs to be done right......THE FIRST TIME.

THANKS TRAVIS!!!!!!!!

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Travis is a good guy, and smart move on getting the right M/C. The Mopar style is NOT as good as the Wilwood piece, and I believe has a smaller bore.

Mistah

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2005
Maui, Hawaii
www.mistahrecords.com
Supe!!!!!
I knew you were on here!!! Happy 4th of July!!!! I had a late one again last night. It's 9:30am and we need to get back to the shop. I let the wife sleep in til' 8am, cause she cracked her azz last night along with me while everyone was out celebrating. I'm firing up the BBQ in the pm. I wish you and all the rest of the MR brothers could come over! I gotta meet you man, I'm 41 now, and losing parts along the way, but still crazy. I'll have you pizzing your pants in NO TIME!
Perhaps one day.........

ENJOY!

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
:lol:

You got it, maybe take a trip to Hawaii for the honeymoon a few years from now... you foot the bill :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
Travis is a great guy to deal withand was a big help on my brake,car setup also.Thanks.

Mistah

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2005
Maui, Hawaii
www.mistahrecords.com
Supe said:

You got it, maybe take a trip to Hawaii for the honeymoon a few years from now... you foot the bill :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

YIKES! :shock: You better hope I hit the Hawaiian Powerball or The 50th State Lottery then SURE! I'll take care of you all!
Congrats on the wedding man, it's a beautiful thing.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Mistah said:
Supe said:

YIKES! :shock: You better hope I hit the Hawaiian Powerball or The 50th State Lottery then SURE! I'll take care of you all!
Congrats on the wedding man, it's a beautiful thing.

Don't curse me, that's not in the immediate future, I've got 2 years of school left! Don't tell her that though :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts