TRZ front suspension install.

monte ss496

Dragway Regular
May 23, 2010
western mass
sounds intersting to me!!! lets see it!! im just worried about you making the front of the car any lighter, the wheelies are high enough already!!!! 8) 8)

A

Anonymous

You are gonna love that new setup Sean!! Mine drives like a dream!! Night and day from last year. The only mistake I made was in getting the TRZ dropped spindles. I have the coilovers adjusted just as high as I can get them and the nose of the car still sits just a hair too low. I should have gone with the non-dropped spindles so that I am able to adjust them up and down as I want.

Wondering why you went with the Camaro spindles instead of the lighter TRZ units though?

Greg

A

Anonymous

Hey....wait just a darn minute!!! Aren't you the guy that said he couldn't afford to come up here and hang out for the NHRA Nationals because you were broke? :shock: Now you will HAVE to bring that beast up here and run at Pacific with me one weekend. :D NO MORE EXCUSES MISTER!!!!!

Greg

gbodydude540ci

Weekend Racer
Jun 23, 2008
scranton,pa
i like to up date my front suspension soon,so i like to hear what you had to do to get it instill.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
I have access to all kinds of camaro/ nova stuff. The spindles, are they disk or drum.

A

Anonymous

SS_Sean said:
LOL...brutha, I had to do a refinance on the house, but I got some cash together in the process. :) I'll get up there for the nationals next year. Wife already suggested it. 8)

Good suggestion on not using the drop spindles TRZ Todd already warned me about that. I bought the exact same spindles TRZ buys, since they didn't have them in stock at the time I placed the order.

How much weight did you end up saving?

I ended up saving right around 50 pounds or so per side on just the stuff you outlined above. I'm not sure exactly, but I think it was right there. I made a lot more changes than that and ended up saving a lot of weight in total on the car. It weighed in at 3140 with me in it and a full 15 gallon fuel cell. That comes to about 2800 pounds with two gallons of fuel and without me in it. Besides removing free things I didn't need, the single biggest bang for the buck weight change on the nose was getting rid of the power steering and stock column. I think I must've saved 80 pounds or more by removing those two items.

Greg

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
78buickregal I too have all of the front end updates....TRZ arms. Quarter Max rack , QA1 coil overs and bell tech drop spindles on my car but it hasn,t touched the ground yet. And your telling me it's going to be to low.....and no ajustment on the spring.....Great ... My question to you is do you have the 350 spring or the 450 ones. Mine are the 350 and what I am thinking is going to the 450 so I would have some ajustment..What do you think????

A

Anonymous

Kirbystud said:
78buickregal I too have all of the front end updates....TRZ arms. Quarter Max rack , QA1 coil overs and bell tech drop spindles on my car but it hasn,t touched the ground yet. And your telling me it's going to be to low.....and no ajustment on the spring.....Great ... My question to you is do you have the 350 spring or the 450 ones. Mine are the 350 and what I am thinking is going to the 450 so I would have some ajustment..What do you think????

I'm not sure if yours will be too low or not. Sounds like our setups are similar, but not exactly the same. I have the Strange coilovers using the TRZ adapter top bolt for the stock location, with Strange springs at whichever rate Strange suggested, I don't remember, but probably 350. The spindles I have are the TRZ lowered spindles. The TRZ tubular arms already lower your front end a few inches, so the addition of the lowered spindles just drops you down that much more. I am using 26" skinnies up front and they BARELY miss the fender lip with them jacked up all the way. Not only did I have to adjust everything up as high as I could get it, I also cheated the upper coilover adapter bolt up about 1/2" to gain extra clearance and its barely enough. I'll enclose some thumpnail pics so you can see just how low the car looks. Click on them to see them full size.

Greg

BTW, I'm not knocking how the car looks this low. It looks phenominal!! But it was a TON of work to get the rear to sit low enough so that the car at least came close enough to matching the height in the front to not look all jacked up and stupid. The first four pics are WITHOUT the motor and trans yet installed!!!

A

Anonymous

Now here is how low the front is WITH the motor and trans installed and the car race ready with 315/60-15s in the rear.

I think this last pic shows just how tight the clearance is between the fender and the tire.
RegalFinished038.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts