TRZ front suspension install.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
78BuickRegal - You might have too light of a spring. I just looked up your order and you bought the whole kit through DG Machine. They are a Strange dealer and they ordered your shocks and springs themselves, so I'm not sure what rate or length you have in there, you'll have to ask them. For your car, I'd think you should have a 350 or 375 10", but we didn't get that stuff for you, so I don't know what you have.

We do use our drop-spindles combined w/ coil-overs, plenty of guys are using them. Look at the video 4doorbu posted of his car doing a massive 150 mph wheelie at the 330 ft. mark from this past weekend at Cecil, he has this whole setup and obviously it transfers plenty of weight. BUT, I tell people you need to make sure you want your car LOW, by low I mean Outlaw 10.5 kinda low in order to have it all work correctly. That is why I sometimes steer people in the direction of using stock Camaro spindles so that they can still get the weight savings of a Camaro spindle, but don't have the drop built into them (like Sean). Our arms, on average, lower the front ends 3/4" to 1.5", it all depends on what springs they use and the front end weights of the cars, which all varies from car to car. Combine that w/ drop spindles, and it sets LOW, it's adjustable but it's low. It's fine and can work well if everything is made to work like that, some of our fastest G-body customers all have our drop-spindles combined w/ our coil-over A-arms and c-o shocks (Eric' Kenward's wagon, Kenward / TRZ turbo Malibu, Chad Henderson, Bill Dutka, Don Cruz, Mitch 'Excelerater', Mike '1BAD442' Radlein, Jason from VP's 4 second Cutlass, more I can't think of right now.)

Sean, BTW, your arms are welded up and just being sent off to powdercoating today, I'm trying to get them back by tomorrow but we'll see if my begging does anyting or not. Thanks.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts