TRZ front suspension install.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Sean, if you document it, I'll make it a sticky in the Suspension forum.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Sean, did you have stock brakes before this upgrade?

I remember weighing all of the junk that came off of my car one time and I seem to remember it being close to 100 pounds per side, but I think that I included the stock G-body brakes as well.

malijuice

Pro Stocker
Feb 26, 2005
new york
so trz tells there customers not to buy there droppe spindles hmmmmm,i have there dropped spindles and a 350lb spring,trz control arms and their rack kit i can adjust mine up and down i haven't tried the car out yet though

BrianH323

Frequent Racer
Oct 6, 2003
NJ
SS_Sean said:
Michigan10.5bu said:
Think we all know how to disassemble the front end so no worries.

You'd be surprised on this board. The experience levels are pretty wide. Jus sayin'... :D

Taking stuff apart is easy, the hard part is putting it back together! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Brian

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
You can use the drop spindles on a G-body, but the car will be really low if you use a short front tire. Also, to get the car to look right the rear end will have to be really low, and it takes a little extra trickery to make these cars work well at the really low ride heights. Eric Kenward's wagon has them, his Malibu that I have been driving has them and several others that I know use them also.

malijuice

Pro Stocker
Feb 26, 2005
new york
CutlassRacer said:
Malijuice, sounds like you have the same setup as both of Eric's cars, which go low 1.20s to the 60ft just about anywhere.
i hope to get there i have been 1.30s with a 12 bolt and a 29.5x10.5

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts