UMI-QA-1 set up help

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Installed UMI upper and lower a-arms with QA-1 coil overs,double adjustable with 350 lb. spring rate..Anyone know how far to run spring adjustor up on shock body for a 1.5-2 inch lower than stock ride height ? stock type upper ball joint..Motor is a sm. blk.,alum. heads,Thanks

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
It's best to just adjust the coil overs with he car on the ground.

Tommy

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Thanks Tommy, got transmission back in today and everything else back together,set her down off stands and shes setting about 3 inchs lower than before ,looks awesome, took around block and all I can say is I have never been happier, UMI a arms and QA1 coil overs are awesome, and install was easy !

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
rsh4364 said:
Thanks Tommy, got transmission back in today and everything else back together,set her down off stands and shes setting about 3 inchs lower than before ,looks awesome, took around block and all I can say is I have never been happier, UMI a arms and QA1 coil overs are awesome, and install was easy !

Sorry for the late reply.

Glad to hear your UMI/QA1's are working well.

Like Tommy mentioned, the actual ride height is pretty hard to pre-set. The nice thing about QA1's on our arms is how easy it is to adjust and get that perfect ride height.

Let us know how they work in the long run.

Thanks for choosing UMI.

ramey

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
thanks Ramey,Gonna mess with ride heigth this weekend,just got new front tires...Do love your products so far..moving on to rear next, looking forward to your summer sale,

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
running shocks with adj. nuts about third way up shock body, gives me 24.25 inch fender lip height, with my 26 inch tire looks great..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts