UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
Front Frame Reinforcement Brace for the 1978-1988 GM Body
P/N- 3053
Priced at $229.99/each

UMI Performance, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our new G-body front frame reinforcement brace. This brace spans the front frame horns and stiffens that area while tying in to the crossmember as well. The UMI frame reinforcement brace takes the place of the popular “Grand Prix Bar” and also the stock frame reinforcements. No drilling is required and hardware is included. This brace weighs in at 9-1/2 lbs with included hardware and is recommended for street, strip, auto-x or road racing. The UMI P/N 3053 is available with tough red or black powder coat and is designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA. The UMI P/N 3053 is used on our popular G-Body Green Machine.

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_404&products_id=999 - WEBSITE LINK HERE

3053a_LRG.jpg

3053ab_LRG.jpg

3053ae_LRG.jpg

3053af_LRG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Re: UMI Releases New Product: Front Frame Reinforcement Brac

Looks like a nice piece. Now, offer up a chrome moly version with half the wall thickness that's just as strong, but 40% lighter and these will fly off the shelves. Only my opinion, of course...I like your products...I have a pair of your lower control arms myself \:D/

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com

malicad said:
Looks like a nice piece. Now, offer up a chrome moly version with half the wall thickness that's just as strong, but 40% lighter and these will fly off the shelves. Only my opinion, of course...I like your products...I have a pair of your lower control arms myself \:D/

Thank you for the support!

We did a little comparing with chromoly and it could save a little on weight but was though with weight vs. price, we are actually pretty thin now, 0.095" wall up front and 0.065" in the back. We just didn't feel most customers would justify the price so we went this route to make most happy. So it's definitely doable and could save a pound or two.

Thanks for looking,
Ryan

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass

that's pretty cool it's all the bars in one.nice job

80driver

Frequent Racer
Nov 4, 2015
Whting, NJ