umi suspension question

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Can I answer any questions to help you decide? We have had great feedback here at the factory and on the tech line. I don't know of any full reviews being published.

Let me know if I can help.

ramey

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
ok. basically here is what im looking for. i got a 79 malibu i am building as a street/strip machine im estimating about 450 horses to the rear wheels out of a chevy 350 sb. i am looking into ur stage 3 handling kit. how much does this kit generally lower the vehicle?

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
rpoudrier said:
ok. basically here is what im looking for. i got a 79 malibu i am building as a street/strip machine im estimating about 450 horses to the rear wheels out of a chevy 350 sb. i am looking into ur stage 3 handling kit. how much does this kit generally lower the vehicle?

Good morning. Thanks for considering UMI.

Our Stage 3 kit is a moderate 1" lowering. It's enough to increase performance and knock the high look off of the car without requiring any other modifications.

Give us a call if you'd like to discuss or get with me on here.

thanks again

ramey

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
well im really considering this kit. im actually just waiting a couple weeks for a pay check i can put towards the car. got those pesky bills this week and next. after that i will be ordering. one inch lower isnt bad, i wouldnt want to go any lower than that. will it work alright with air bags in the rear springs?

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
We don't carry steering components, unfortunately (tie rods, center link, idler arms). We do however build a pretty nice tie rod adjuster. It has jam nuts instead of clamps and makes for a nice, easy to adjust package.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_67&products_id=45

Thanks for asking.

ramey

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
well, i was gonna buy the suspension kit today, but i guess the price increased withing the last 2 weeks. now i guess im gonna have to wait another week or 2. and hope and pray it dont go up again. cant win!!! just want this car done!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts