Vortec 5.7 4l60E in Malibu

Blacktop

Daily Driver
Jan 22, 2008
Northeastern Illinois
This weekend i am working on putting this combo in my malibu. This car is being transformed from a race car to street car. Wanted to get a Ram jet intake but dont want to spend a grand on it. I cant wait A/c heat defrost!! Its going to be fun fitting all the crap into the motor compartment.

If anybody has any pics please feel free to post

malibu2.jpg

A

Anonymous

sounds cool let me know how it goes, im doing the same to my elky but with a stick shift

workingr

Amateur Racer
Feb 3, 2007
Jacksonville, FLorida
Wow, thats a beautiful car! Got any parts you want to get rid of. I live in Kenosha, and have started a project on a 78' . Haven't got a spare 10 bolt 8.5 laying around do you?

Rob

7secondmalibu

Frequent Racer
Jan 14, 2007
Toledo, Ohio
workingr said:
Wow, thats a beautiful car! Got any parts you want to get rid of. I live in Kenosha, and have started a project on a 78' . Haven't got a spare 10 bolt 8.5 laying around do you?

Rob
What kind of 8.5 10 bolt are you looking for? I have one from a 68 chevelle that will bolt right in with the correct control arms.

workingr

Amateur Racer
Feb 3, 2007
Jacksonville, FLorida
Well, I am looking for the same one everyone else is, the GN or 442. Is the one you got wider? Who makes the control arms that will fit your 8.5?

Oh yeah, and how much?

7secondmalibu

Frequent Racer
Jan 14, 2007
Toledo, Ohio
I just want to get $50 out of it. It can be any width you want. My chassis shop will shorten the housing to any width you want for an additional $100-150 LA Automotive Engineering 419-247-0098. I had a 12 bolt in the car that I sold to Illegal Regal. The housing was so narrow that you could not fit a bolt into the two bottom holes to hold the c-clip eliminator on because of the control arm brackets. I used ARP studs in the c-clip eliminator and slid the studs into the holes on the end housing. As soon as the studs were in the holes I put a nut on the stud and drew the c-clip eliminator up against the housing ends. Illegal may be able to get you some pictures. I think TRZ has control arms for this swap. If not I have a jig for this. I had South Side Machine 12 bolt swap arms on my car a long time ago. I made a jig with these controls arms for the angle of the older 10-12 bolts. I bought a set of BMR control arms and had them ship the housing ends loose. I put them on the jig and had the correct angle based on the jig.

workingr

Amateur Racer
Feb 3, 2007
Jacksonville, FLorida
Thanks. I got lucky and found a rear for my car in the local area. Thanks anyway though.

Rob

ElCaminoBill

Pro Stocker
Feb 8, 2004
South Carolina
Blacktop said:
This weekend i am working on putting this combo in my malibu. This car is being transformed from a race car to street car. Wanted to get a Ram jet intake but dont want to spend a grand on it. I cant wait A/c heat defrost!! Its going to be fun fitting all the crap into the motor compartment.

If anybody has any pics please feel free to post

malibu2.jpg

I know this is off topic but I wanted to comment on your paint job. That's a nice color scheme. Is the lower white or cream?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts