Vortec V6 Performance???

kidclassic

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2009
what are some good performance parts for a 94 4.3 vortec v6??

i am going to put dual exhaust, headers, .30 over bore, k&n intake

plus posi rear end

what else??

Canadian-T-Bone

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Abbotsford,B.C.
4 barrel marine intake , cam , new higher stall torque converter , better rear gears .

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
dont forget your lil blue bottle \:D/

Darwinskeeper

Frequent Racer
Sep 18, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
Canadian-T-Bone,

Have you actually used a cast iron Marine 4bbl intake? I have occasionally considered replacing Darwin's Edelbrock Performer intake with a GM Performance nonvortec marine intake so that I could replace my Holley with a Quadrajet but I was concerned that the Marine intake would hurt fuel economy and low rpm performance. I would be interested in hearing how a marine intake worked on a V6 powered Malibu.

cobalt327

Weekend Racer
Feb 11, 2010
Atlanta
Darwinskeeper said:
Canadian-T-Bone,

Have you actually used a cast iron Marine 4bbl intake? I have occasionally considered replacing Darwin's Edelbrock Performer intake with a GM Performance nonvortec marine intake so that I could replace my Holley with a Quadrajet but I was concerned that the Marine intake would hurt fuel economy and low rpm performance. I would be interested in hearing how a marine intake worked on a V6 powered Malibu.
I'm sure you're aware of the cast iron Q-jet intake that was used on the earlier 4.3-powered vehicles (all the way through '86 on Sierra's, etc.).

They have the port divider cut-outs like the non-Vortec heads also had (IDK if the Vortec's are cut down like that or not). The intake works fine, if heavy.

Begs the question- why didn't GM cast this intake from Al, like they did the POS open plenum 2-bbl. intake they put on the 229 engine?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts