weird wiper problems, i need some friggen help.

the nitro man

Amateur Racer
Jan 8, 2006
greeneville, tn
I'm working on a 85 SS Monte Carlo. the wipers are doing some weird stuff.

what it's doing is after the wipers are turned on they don't stop when they are turned off. they just keep going on & on until the power is interrupted (like unplugging the switch on the column, or turning the ignition switch off). i thought it was in the switch on the column but it wasn't. if the delay function works the wipers will turn off like they should, but if the delay doesn't work they will not turn off. That's what makes me think it might be a relay. I really don't know, I'm just guessing.

do these cars have any kind of relay to the wipers, or the pulse on the delay?

later,
Jerry

the nitro man

Amateur Racer
Jan 8, 2006
greeneville, tn
it was in the wiper motor. i put a new one on it & it's fixed. thanks for everyones help.

i couldn't have done it without you!!! party_guitar.gif

A

Anonymous

yeah... its the park switch in the motor, some call it the wiper module or pulse board. gm's have ALWAYS had a problem with this. i still have this problem with my 98 s10, and yes i know there's an updated module for it, but that sh*t is like 85 beans so i'll deal with the inconvenience...lol... delco sucks

A

Anonymous

I had the exact same problem with my 79. I noticed that it only happened when it got wet. I have pulse wipers I installed from a Cadillac and had to get out and pull the ground wire off the wiper motor to get it to stop.

I had to take the wiper motor out, remove the plastic cover, and re-solder a connection inside. It was obvious once you had it apart what was the problem, It doesn't do it now. :p

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!