What did U do to your G-body today??

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I started up the 78 Elk again today and it ran great. I took it for a drive and it ran great. This is the most comfortable car I have. Had a problem when I got home, the engine was getting a little warmer than normal. I'll have to figure out what is happening.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I looked at the fan blade and decided it was backwards so I turned it around. I then started up the 78 Elk and it ran great. It was blowing a large amount of air over the engine. I hope to get it on the road again tomorrow.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I took it for a 26 mile run and ran the same as before I turned the fan blade around. It's not overheating but would like it to run a little cooler.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I tried starting up the 78 Elk again today, but the battery was dead and so was the clock. It's on the charger, hope to try again today.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I started up yesterday after charging it up. It ran great. I figured out what killed the battery was I left the torque converter switch on. I started it up again today and it ran great. I hope to get it on the road again today.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I started up the 78 Elk again today and put it on the road. It ran great. Trying to use the gas up,so I can put the Holley Sniper on it.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I started up the 78 Elk again today and it ran great. I seen that the allen screws holding the cruise control switch to the turn signal arm were loose,so I tightened them up.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I looked at the fan blade and decided it was backwards so I turned it around. I then started up the 78 Elk and it ran great. It was blowing a large amount of air over the engine. I hope to get it on the road again tomorrow.
The blade pitch will be in the same direction. no matter which way you mount the fan.

I started up yesterday after charging it up. It ran great. I figured out what killed the battery was I left the torque converter switch on. I started it up again today and it ran great. I hope to get it on the road again today.
Have you considered connecting the torque converter switch to switched power instead of battery power?

Reactions: 78elk

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts