What did U do to your G-body today??

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
SLICK78 said:
Brown_Gbody said:
Replaced those HIDEIOUS and I mean HIDEIOUS eBay headlights and installed some good-old Philips Bluevision Sealed Beams. I got them in the clearance aisle at the local Menards (like Home depot) for 5 bucks each!!!

Now I can drive at night, and see... dancin_banana.gif

got pics because I love my flea bay specials and this is the second car I have put them in

Here's with the old headlights;

malibu052.jpg

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I don't have any pictures with the new ones, but they are just regular Halogen Sealed Beams..

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Lighting may have been bad due to the black reflectors. I have a set of Pilot globes sitting in the barn in MI. The glue on one of them came loose, I believe the lenses are glass. Beam pattern is pretty nice imo, I like them a lot better than regular sealed beams. I got them at Autozone for $40 believe it or not 8)
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Pilot-Automotive-2-pcs-7-7-8-x-5-5-8-in-headlamp-conversion-kit/_/N-26by?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=headlight&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=415306_0_0_

The first pair I bought was a set of APCs. They had cheap plastic lenses, and were yellowed (one got a cracked lens) within the year :roll: I won't say how much I spent on those :oops:

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Yeah, it was the black reflectors, Doob... They just didn't throw any light at all....

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
yea I see what you mean mine are very different than those and throw out a butt load more light than the stock sealed beams ever thought about
DSCN1288.jpg

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
have to wash the car tonight and get it ready for the new sponsor decals and change the oil and plugs. Going to be competing in the NHRA Div 6 Finals this weekend. Four days off of racing is killing me. Went to the quarteer finals on Sunday and broke out even though I let off at the 1200' mark and scrubbed off 8mph. Oh well I am ready for this weekend that is all that matters.

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
SLICK78 said:
yea I see what you mean mine are very different than those and throw out a butt load more light than the stock sealed beams ever thought about
DSCN1288.jpg

Yeah those look much better than the crap I bought. ](*,) Oh well, I'm happy with my Menards Specials....

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
Brown_Gbody said:
Oh well, I'm happy with my Menards Specials....

thats what matters most that your happy with your car

Worked on my minivan today, IAC is going bad. Powder coated some taillight bezels for my brother-in-law yesterday. I may powde rcoated my headlight bezels and grill for the Buick

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts