What did U do to your G-body today??

Tado

Amateur Racer
Jun 16, 2009
Orem, UT
took my El Camino on a 300 mile road trip to the state of Wyoming.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Due to the fact my 'Bu has been a driveway ornament for months and months instead of a project that I am actually getting to work on, I took the "new" Holley 750dp that has been keepin my team G intake company on the engine all apart and cleaned it out so the engine would idle and run well enough to move it from the driveway. Of course in the middle I had to stop and go somewhere with the family and wouldn't you know it one of the primary jets was then nowhere to be found. Oh yeah, then I also had to put the battery on charge so maybe it will crank tommorrow! Hopefully I'll get a new set of jets tommorrow, put the battery back in, and maybe get to here this thing run for the first time in 6 months or so! I am hoping getting it running again will get me back motivated on it! Wish me luck.

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
I will start it by saying we, {my son and I} pulled the Olds motor and transmission out of his Cutlass, he blew a head gasket, water in the oil, so we yanked it today, and now the cleaning and prep work begins for the "new" 327 and TH350 he built in school. I took a bunch of pics but will post them tomorrow from my work computer that is much better than this one.

Here are some pics...............
And the fun begins!!!
100_0522.jpg

100_0534.jpg

It's out!!
100_0535.jpg

What a mess!!
100_0536.jpg

100_0538.jpg

100_0537.jpg

As I stated earlier, he blew a head gasket, when we pulled the DS valve cover, this is what we found....... some very UGLY oil, I guess oil and water don't mix!!
100_0543.jpg

Can you tell what is missing???? I think this is/was the problem!!!
100_0552.jpg

SURESHOT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 29, 2008
LONG ISALND NEW YORK
TOOK IT OUT FOR A LITTLE SPIN AND FUEL

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Saturday I went to summit's website and ordered a cloyes 2 piece timing cover, an aluminum hi volume water pump, a high flow thermostat, a 100 amp alternator, a march alternator bracket kit, an sfi flexplate, ARP camshaft bolts, and ARP flexplate bolts. I have only a few items left and I will be ready to assemble my 408 and get it in the car. I'm sure I will forget something though, and have to order stuff at the last minute. I'm going to save some money for "unexpected expenses". lol.

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
Was supposed to install my fresh transmission on Saturday but the emchanic blew his back out so I went Sturgeon fishing instead and nailed a 7' 400+lb fish, and lost one bigger. Yesterday went to install my new russel s/s brake lines and the pass front and rear hardlines broke while removing them so now the car has all new lines and hoses other than the m/c lines. Hopefully get the transmission back today and get it installed tonight. Oh yeah tightened up my steering box as well, she was feeling a little sloppy

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Said Hello to mine....

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
its a new day so today I drove mine to work lol and gettin paid to post on here and shop for parts lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!