What did U do to your G-body today??

sleepybu

Weekend Racer
Oct 17, 2021
Still can not get good brake peddel. I took the master cyclinder off, put it in a vice and forced fluid back wards with a big syringe ( did not have my bench bleeder kit with me), got some bubbles out put it back on, bleed the brakes again, with the engine off i can get good peddel after 3 pumps but with the engine on it goes to the floor, there is a fair bit of brake but i don't think it should go to the floor.
I ordered a service kit for the og MC and may take off the new MC.
Anybody have any suggestions?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I tried starting up the 78 Elk again today but the battery wasn't strong enough. I charged the battery then it started and ran well . I found a spot of oil under the rear differential so I tightened up the bolts holding the cover on. I torqued them when I put the cover on last year. I checked the oil in the differential today and topped it off. From my new bottle I dumped it in until it ran over. I had a little spill from that process. I still have 22 oz of oil in the bottle when I finished. I don't know the reason the bolts loosened up. I might have to put some thing on the bolts to hold them in.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I'm having a trouble getting the ring on top of the tank to turn so I can get in the tank. Once I get it off, I'll pump what ever amount of gas out before I can put in the new parts.

sleepybu

Weekend Racer
Oct 17, 2021
My parts showed up today for my master cylinder ! Maybe this weekend i can change the old parts out of the MC.

Reactions: 78elk

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!