What do I need to run a 150shot?

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I've run a 200 shot through a 507 cadillac and now i'm playing with a 180 shot on a built 489 bbc. You can build a decent fuel system cheaply that will do what you need. Holley regulators are cheap. I run holley black pump to a y-block with 2 regulators. one for the motor (the aeromotive) and one for the juice (holley) . I've hit the juice a few times testing out on the highway and it works great with around 950-1000 psi bottle pressure. One thing that i learned is that make sure you have a big fuel filter behind the pump. some filters don't flow enough fuel for your motor and the nitrous system. THe professional products/fram canister filters are only made for around 500 hp or less from what i've read. I went to a big allstar inline filter with 10AN in/out and it works awesome and was only like $65.
brian

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,039

Trevor454

Amateur Racer
Jan 4, 2004
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Here is a stupid question, if I am spraying 150shot, how many passes should I get on 1 10lb bottle? I am going to be installing it tomorrow and need to do a little tuning on the street (highway) before I race it on Saturday...Thanks!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts