What do you guys think about this 7.5 rear end??

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The man said its stock, so... With real traction, next to none. with street tires maybe about 300. In the long run, all the bracing & girdles in the world won't help. The 7.5" was designed for a 4 cylinder Monza. All the money he spent on add ons (twice!) could (SHOULD) have been used to buy a better rear...

Tommy

Purcell Racing

Weekend Racer
Jun 10, 2011
Mineral Wells, Texas
LS6 Tommy said:
The man said its stock, so... With real traction, next to none. with street tires maybe about 300. In the long run, all the bracing & girdles in the world won't help. The 7.5" was designed for a 4 cylinder Monza. All the money he spent on add ons (twice!) could (SHOULD) have been used to buy a better rear...

Tommy

X2. On a sticky track with a good tire all that bracing wont matter. It'll still snap that little pinion

gunners80bu

Oct 29, 2012
Nice looking rearend, but what a waste of money. I can't believe the even make a LPW cover for those.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
LS6 Tommy said:

Tommy
It's not stock,Auburn Posi,3.73 gear,ARP bolts,and he's getting moser axles for it.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
Purcell Racing said:
LS6 Tommy said:

Tommy

X2. On a sticky track with a good tire all that bracing wont matter. It'll still snap that little pinion
x3 nice video but a waste of time and alot of money

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Cannon Fodder

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
Those braces are junk anyway. I broke one on my Chevelle when I put the ladder bars on. And honestly, you should not need one on a GM rear with the lower control arm points all the way out by the wheel. The chassis keeps the housing from flexing forward.

rickybobbyg

Aug 7, 2012
He bought the rear end for next to nothing so it was actually worth the money and that rear end is going into a cruiser,bone stock daily driver.The cover and goodies came with the rear end.Brand new auburn posi disc brake converted 7.5 that will never see the track is good for a daily driver

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
I have a STOCK Posi 373 7.5 rearend in my 1986 Monte Carlo with a stud girdle cover and it works GREAT with my 400+ HP SBC 406 engine just fine on street tires,been running it for about 4 years now.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts