what size tires can i fit?

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
gearjammer said:
I just tried my sons 275/60/15 Drag Radials mounted on a set on 15x10 wheels with a back space of 5" and I have about 1" of clearance between the tire side wall and the frame which is not notched

Yeah, I'd be a little leary of launching with those tires. The fender lip may take a beating...Although, I understand you were just "tryin them on for size"...

gearjammer

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2007
Troy, Michigan
Thanks for the replies, I agree I cant drive around town with anyone in the back seat but I will be trying them out at the track soon. I wont be setting my rear suspension up to squat but to remain neutral. here is a video of my friends chevelle with stock type rear suspension.

Maliboo-Det

Frequent Racer
Sep 28, 2009
Det, MI
I like that bu. Gear jammer, hope to have mine ready for the street by the Woodward cruise comes around! Maybe i will see you there!! Burn out contest, get rid of the old tires in style (viking burial)!!! LOL :twisted:

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
I think I know which black Malibu that is, and it is a bad mamajamma! lol. My 28x12.50's rub some around town, no biggie. I just take it easy. Roll the lip if you are worried about cutting a tire. (not gearjammer, just anyone in general).

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts