Wheel question for the 15x10 gurus

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
I have 15x8 4.5BS with 28x10 hoosier slicks on them. There is about 1 inch of sidewall room to the frame and about the same to the rolled lip on fender. If i change to a 15x10 5.5BS would that put my tire in the same place and give me the same room by the sidewalls?

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Man,
I just wanted to say your avitar pic is one B.A. lookin Bu!!! I'm not much of an expert or guru on wheel fitment but I'm assuming your 10"
wheel will carry the same tires? You have 1" tire clearance and are adding 1" back space I'm assuming you have more than 1" between the wheels and frame or you'll be rubbing metal on metal,generally I would think your same size tire on a 2" wider rim will bulge less and as
long as you have adequate rim clearance you should be OK but the only way you'll ever know for shure is to try it!! Good Luck!
Later,KillerDave

A

Anonymous

I've had luck fitting a 15x10 w/ 5" bs. It's tight on both sides. The only wheels I ever found even (no .5 size) bs on were Centerline.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Killerdave8813 said:
Hey Man,
I just wanted to say your avitar pic is one B.A. lookin Bu!!! I'm not much of an expert or guru on wheel fitment but I'm assuming your 10"
wheel will carry the same tires? You have 1" tire clearance and are adding 1" back space I'm assuming you have more than 1" between the wheels and frame or you'll be rubbing metal on metal,generally I would think your same size tire on a 2" wider rim will bulge less and as
long as you have adequate rim clearance you should be OK but the only way you'll ever know for shure is to try it!! Good Luck!
Later,KillerDave

Thanks bro, it looks meaner than it bites for now anyways. Got big plans for her when the oilfield gets going again. The tire i am running has I believe an 11.7 section width. That is what is 1 inch from the frame.

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
Malibu355 said:
Thanks bro, it looks meaner than it bites for now anyways. Got big plans for her when the oilfield gets going again. The tire i am running has I believe an 11.7 section width. That is what is 1 inch from the frame.
If that tire is 11.7" wide on an 8" rim it should be about 12.5" wide on a 10" rim. And yes going to a 10" rim w/ 5.5" of BS will put the tire in the same spot in the wheelwell, but like I said the tire will be wider.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
IIRC , TOMS78BU has a Moser 12bolt 1/2" wider than stock with 15 X 10 wheels 5.5 b.s., and I think it is notched to the seem in the frame, and I think his combo just barely fits on the inside but you will have to get ahold of him and ask. Just do some good measurements and make sure it will all fit.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts