wheel spacers

80malibu383

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2005
Gainesville FL.
The M/T 28x11.5x15 ET drags on the rear of the car rubs the notched frame rails when turning. I installed 7/32 wheel spacers and seems to have enough clearance now. My only concern is I leave on the trans brake and I am concerned about breaking wheel studs. I have 1/2" screw in long studs with mcguard open ended lug nuts. The studs are flush with the open end of the nuts. I have made about 50 passes with the tire rubbing the frame rail when I turn only but i need to buy new slicks and trying to decide if I should go with a 10.5 tire with no spacer or stick with the 11.5 that I ran last season and let them rub or use a spacer.

Thanks
Barry

A

Anonymous

well

i personally would sleep better with a slightly smaller tire and no spacer. you might get away with it for a long time, but i would rather err to the side of less stress on the studs personally.
rob

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Barry,
I need a pair of 7/32" spacers.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
seriously, did you buy them locally? and where?
jack ;)

80malibu383

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2005
Gainesville FL.
Rob,
I will prob. go with the 10.5 tire I just hope it hooks as good as the 11.5's do and stays stable on the big end.

I was checking to see if anybody else has used spacers with a trans brake.

Jack,
I got those from Kevin at Rollins.

Barry

A

Anonymous

80malibu383 said:
The M/T 28x11.5x15 ET drags on the rear of the car rubs the notched frame rails when turning. I installed 7/32 wheel spacers and seems to have enough clearance now. My only concern is I leave on the trans brake and I am concerned about breaking wheel studs. I have 1/2" screw in long studs with mcguard open ended lug nuts. The studs are flush with the open end of the nuts. I have made about 50 passes with the tire rubbing the frame rail when I turn only but i need to buy new slicks and trying to decide if I should go with a 10.5 tire with no spacer or stick with the 11.5 that I ran last season and let them rub or use a spacer.

Thanks
Barry

My friend Dave is running low 11's using 28x11.5 with spacers, transbrake, and stock 7.5 axles. He says nothing has broken YET. In fact the spacers he is using came factory on the rear of some 82-92 Camaros.

DaveLucesCar5-31-062.jpg

A

Anonymous

yep

calais, you bud is right. i had a set om my turd 82 ta. but in all fairness they were like 1/4" AT MOST! more like 1/8" if my feeble mind still works.
rob

A

Anonymous

Re: yep

84cutlass357 said:
calais, you bud is right. i had a set om my turd 82 ta. but in all fairness they were like 1/4" AT MOST! more like 1/8" if my feeble mind still works.
rob

I think he told me you can still get them from the dealership. I am still amazed he didn't shoot the 7.5 20ft. out of the back when he launches.

I've noticed some people (like my friend) are dipped in it when it comes to cars. They can build a car out of snot and twine to the point you have to put on safety goggles just to look in the cars direction. And it holds! While people like me use the wrong car wax and the front wheel falls off.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
It'll be fine with the wheel spacers in there with any decent aftermarket wheel stud, especially if only using 1/4 inch.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Jack,
I got those from Kevin at Rollins.

Barry
==================================================
Thanks Barry,
I'll visit Rollin's...
Jack ;)

79wagonator

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2006
Long Island, NY
www.cardomain.com
Sorry to hijack but... I have a wheel spacer Q??
I bought those cheapy 1/4 & 5/16 spacers at pep boys and they have unilug (oval) holes when I put them on the front there is no way to center them on the rotor before you bolt the wheel on. I would think Id have a balance issue if its not centered?? What do yous think?? Should I just order the billet ones with right hole pattern or is there a trick or something Im missing?? :?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!