Wheel/Tire Suspension Update - 3/20/10

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Re: Interior Update - 3/20/10

Tony, what size tires were you running with the ZQ8 wheels?

383S10

Frequent Racer
Feb 29, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Tony_SS said:
383S10 said:
Wow I just open discussions....now Tony can you just clarify that a little bit more.....I look at your signature pic I see a lot of shiny wheel there....it looks like chrome but could a very nice high polished wheel....true your car does not have a lot of chrome besides bumper & trim pieces.....I think the Father & Son car falls along the same lines.....but I would love the Iroc wheels a little more if the manufacture broke up that spoke by blacking out the recessed area in the center of the spoke......again I love discussions in forums.....

Mine are polished... I"m not crazy about them really, they are 17". Id rather run a powdercoated or satin finish. For Phils car I'd go polished over chrome. But as far as Irocs go, I like the factory 16" ones. You can still get good tire sizes for 16" wheels and fit bigger brakes as well. I might suggest the ZQ8's too. Thats what I ran on my old 78.

ccd.jpg

Wow Tony when & why did you sell that Malibu......sweet car......we need to start a new thread about past & present G-bodies and were are they now for some of us late comers....

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa

the zq8s are a nice looking wheel i had a set bought but the dude fell off the face of the earth

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com

It only had 53k on the clock.. rust free. I was using it as a driver and I needed a pickup truck so I sold it. :( The guy in Chicago who bought it was nice.. and I kept in touch for awhile.. but not sure whats going on with it now. Seriously, If have more than one G-body I'm doomed to make big projects out of them.. so better to just stay focused with my Monte.
MalibuRacing said:
Tony, what size tires were you running with the ZQ8 wheels?

245/50-16 front and 255/50-16 rear. They are Falken tires... pretty cheap price for them too. And for a set of 4 wheels, I think its around $500 or so? Not too bad really for everything. You'll need special lug nuts to keep you studs. I can dig up the link if you go that route Phillip.

That pic is with 3" OPG drop springs and the fronts rubbed when I hit a bump. 2" would've been perfect on it.

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com

well I finally had to just throw a camera in the car with me to catch the Monte, I spotted him today and followed the car to Applebee's...I pulled in next to it and they are 18's with some tiny tires on them and it needs to be lower lol I left the picture bigger than I normally would so you could see it better

monte.jpg

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY

I like them, but you're right, tires are too small. Course I may be a little prejudiced :D

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

Cool, thanks. Were the tires smaller than 245/40/18's? What do you think Matt, are those too much bling?

After seeing that, I feel better about the 18's, especially if it was lowered like I have ours now. Here's a shot of ours with the Moog 5413 rear springs and Moog 5658 front springs:

malibu_new_springs_800x470.jpg

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491

Good lord that looks great...

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com

they couldn't have been 245/40's Phil I know that much..thats the size that I run on the front of my car, I didn't want to make my recon to obvious or I would have gotten out and got the size, I got close enough in my wifes car to make out the 18 at the end and then I unassed the area lol

3182010.jpg

I can find a level spot and take a closer picture of the front for you if you'd like me to if it would help you decide.....

truthfully Phil I think they would look good on your car since you still have all the OEM chrome on it.....they would not however do so well on a monochromatic car like mine lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!