Who makes???

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Who makes a good valve body for a th350....
I have the stock body in now w/ shift kit.. Good sprag and yata yata yata....
Do the after market bodys help anything????
Would like to stay forward pattern....(full Manual)
If anybody has had good luck with a certain brand please post up Thanks.....

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
this i do know..my friend that i race with, put a manual vb in his 12 sec nova (th350) from ati..watching it all unfold..i would never use one from them!!!..ati swore that they were all dyno tested before they leave, blah, blah, blah..and guess what it was a bad valve body!!..he did get his money back after a small battle..i dont know what brand is in it now, but he loves it..says its as much fun as a stick!..good luck

z28krazy

Amateur Racer
Apr 10, 2010
New Braunfels, Texas
malibuj said:
Who makes a good valve body for a th350....
I have the stock body in now w/ shift kit.. Good sprag and yata yata yata....
Do the after market bodys help anything????
Would like to stay forward pattern....(full Manual)
If anybody has had good luck with a certain brand please post up Thanks.....

A friend of mine is a well known (locally) PG builder for race cars and had one come in with an ATI vb in it...my friend went round and round with ATI's tech guy, who claimed that my friend was doing something wrong. After several attempts to fix the problem (I forget what it was), he finally installed a BTE vb and the trans worked like it was supposed to. My friend uses BTE components exclusively. This one was a favor for a friend of a friend.

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Thanks for the info guys....
Still not sure who too use....
Kinda leaning toward hughes..As they are a sponser (just dunno tho)
Guess anythings gotta be better than a stock body...Well not ati...... :lol:

Anyone using a brand they really like????
Please post if so...
Thanks...

While we do offer a full manual forward pattern valve body for a TH350, I'll be perfectly honest... we simply use a TransGo reprogramming kit to convert a stock TH350 valve body to full manual forward pattern. Most of the current manufacturers out there use the same process or a variation of it perhaps with a different kit. The only advantage you truly have by purchasing a complete valve body from us is that we do resurface the valve body to insure that there are no internal leaks created by a warped casting, and we do blueprint the passages and valves to make sure that everything is sized correctly. These things are obviously important, but if you have a good functioning stock valve body, chances are good that you can get away with converting it yourself using the TransGo kit.

That being said, when it comes to full manual reverse pattern or transbrake valve bodies, it's a whole different story. There's some custom machining and components that go into manufacturing these valve bodies, and no simple "off-the-shelf" kit is available for this type of conversion. Personally, I prefer a full manual reverse pattern over a forward pattern. We normally set up the reverse pattern units to carry more line pressure, which increases the transmission's ability to withstand more torque. The reverse shift pattern is also much safer in any racing environment by preventing the possibility of over-shifting into neutral when making gear changes.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts