Who's running F-body accessories?

Marco2

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2007
oceanside,ca
If not running A/C clearance is fine. It all depends on how your motor is positioned. There maybe interferance between the Alternator and the steering box. The truck accesories clear great, but again it comes down to how the engine is positioned because there maybe interferance with the P/S pump and the steering box.

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
If you are using traditional motor mounts a lower mounted alt.will clear the gearbox,however,if you are using a plate system like me,it will not,location is a little different

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
i tried a s-10 manual box and it didnt fit....hit the alternator...Factory malibu pwr steering box fit fine, close but okay...i assume truck motor is what you have you will have to drill the block for the alternator bracket as well...

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Roller406Bu said:
i tried a s-10 manual box and it didnt fit....hit the alternator...Factory malibu pwr steering box fit fine, close but okay...i assume truck motor is what you have you will have to drill the block for the alternator bracket as well...
Ah! Good to know. I will try to make these truck accessories work then for sure! I ended up moving the motor mounts back about 1.25". This will definitely help. Probably will still need a smaller P.S. pulley.

Thanks.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts