Will it hold up for a while?

Blackwizard22

Frequent Racer
Feb 26, 2007
NJ
Hey guys im looking to do a budget nitrous build. Im looking to do a 4 bolt 350 block with a cast steel crank, powder rods with arp bolts, forged speedpros, vortec heads and a flat hyd lunati nitrous cam.

I want to run an NOS cheater setup with a 200 shot.

If the motor is built for nitrous, i.e. loose rings, pulled timing, etc.., how long would you expect it to hold together?

cool

Mar 9, 2008
It sounds like all the main parts are addressed. You shouldn't have any problems for quite some time, as long as you know the ins and outs of running nitrous. Is this going to be a daily driven motor or just a weekend race car motor? The only thing you might want to consider is the crank. If you are planning on throwing anymore abuse to the motor in the future, forged is a smart choice. But with a 200 shot you should be fine.

Blackwizard22

Frequent Racer
Feb 26, 2007
NJ
this is just a budget fun car. Weekend toy done as cheaply as possible but still reliable. I just picked up a book on setting up and tuning nitrous so I should be fine.

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
Your combo will be fine...just watch your fuel pressure (dedicated system/regulator) and timing retard.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts