Xtreme Brakes

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
The main reason for the high cost is the integrated ABS sensor ring in the hub. Best bang for the buck all around is still the b-body swap and the ZQ8 rear disc conversion imo. -Jabin

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
Well, we bought all new components from the dealer to test the "kit" out on our in-house 1987 Monte SS and we have yet to tie it all together. I do know the rotor bracket with the integrated drum/e-brake shoe bolts right up to the axle flange, and the brackets for hanging the calipers clear the shocks, too. The only issue that needs addressed is to make a set of E-brake cables for it which is no big deal. When it's done, we'll have dual piston calipers with 11" rotors and a E-brake shoe inside the rotor hub acting as a drum. We haven't figured exact cost until we know it will work. The guys over at NastyZ28 are trying it but are running into problems with the 2nd gen. staggered shock arrangement-not so with G-bodies though! -Jabin

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
I'll keep the post updated. I like using the Camaro 3rd gen. prop. valve and flaring my own lines for it. It mounts right under the mc and they use iso-metric (bubble style) flared ends but I cut the lines and build my own iso ends with inverted flare seat type fittings on the other end. I thought about building/marketing a G-body specific MC prop. valve with lines...I dunno. It incorporates a nice weight bias for the brakes and you can get them in either disc/drum or disc/disc valving. I love using them. -Jabin

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
check E-bay for S10warehouse, he sells the complete set-up for @ $250. just to clarify though, the Xtreme pickup didnt come with dual piston brakes, you can get them off any 99up 2wd blazer/jimmy.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
gmachinz

Any updates on the rear disc swap??

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
I have s-10 disks on the back of my car. I have a a-body rear axle though. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1381227/6 I don't see why the s-10 brakes would bolt to a g-body like this--> http://www.thirdgen.org/ls1reardisc

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts