Xtreme Brakes

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Thanks Doober! No I didn't narrow the rear.(if I didn't have 3sets of wheels I certainly concider narrowing) I use 3rd gen f-body rears that have 5+in offset. Cheap and works well. Btw I using s-10 4wd axle brackets and 2wd rotors. The 4wd bracket obviously mount the caliper on the front of the axle and the caliper is mounted on the back on a 2wd. 4wd rotors won't work and have way too much offset to work on a a-body axle.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
dwkohout

dwkohout:
Did you have to have the axle flange (where the wheel studs are) machined down to fit inside the rotor?
Trying to get some answers before I buy this set-up. I will be putting the 2 wheel drive rear disc set-up onto a GN 8.5 rear. I already have the dual piston/Extreme front disc set-up bought to put on the car, and then found that the rears were a virtual bolt on also.

TIA

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Well Bill to tell you forsure I'll have to take my disks off to double check. Right now I would say no. The problem is a few years ago I turned one side down to fit a camaro rotor(I then put the drums back on) but I don't recall needing to cut down the other side.

383malibufiend

Top Fueler
Mar 27, 2006
Lancaster PA
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DP-BRAKES-CHEVY-S10-S-10-BLAZER-TRUCK-XTREME-SONOMA-GNX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ011QQitemZ320109710431QQrdZ1

its a bit pricey but looks like its complete. that would be so cool. ive never heard of this idea....sealed bearing sounds nice too...i will have to look into it. has anyone else done this?

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
383malibufiend said:
its a bit pricey but looks like its complete. that would be so cool. ive never heard of this idea....sealed bearing sounds nice too...i will have to look into it. has anyone else done this?

On the first page of this thread I posted links to TurboBuick.com. Ton of info on this swap there. The sealed bearings are a POS!!!! I would be happy to have $15 seviceable bearings vs $200 sealed.

383malibufiend

Top Fueler
Mar 27, 2006
Lancaster PA
dwkohout said:
383malibufiend said:

On the first page of this thread I posted links to TurboBuick.com. Ton of info on this swap there. The sealed bearings are a POS!!!! I would be happy to have $15 seviceable bearings vs $200 sealed.

thanks man i must have missed those links, ill look into it further. it looks like a good idea so im gonna look into it further. thanks

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Doober said:
$200??? Maybe at the dealer. I just checked Autozone's site and they listed it for $62.

Doober this is just the wheel sensor kit. :lol:
http://www.autozone.com/N,11200168//shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm

Opps I was off by $.01 :oops:
http://www.autozone.com/N,11200894//shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts