360demonRT's 78 build

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
I agree with rodney take a step back..throw a blanket over the thing and dont look at it for a week or so you started it for a reason didnt ya?

oh and another thing

if youre not married to that woman do it now..any woman who yells at you not to sell it off when youre freaking out is a keeper.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Yes sir, we're already hitched! She's pretty awesome and loves cars, guns and video games lol, so we get along great.

Still Tracking down wiring issues, I've narrowed it down to a ground I think. Plan on finding out tomorrow! Thing runs beast off the alternator but when its charging i think its just overpowering my grounds. Just have a rear mount battery to frame and alt bracket to frame. going to run all new tomorrow... 1Ga from battery to block, 1ga from block to frame, then 1ga from frame to body, then 10ga from body back to battery. That's how Holley says to do it so that's how i'm gonna do it. I just blipped the throttle today with the accessory belt off and it revved to 6300 (datalog) before I knew what was up, just a quick WOT jab. Should make a little over 300whp i'd imagine, should be good for some fun til i tear it all back apart again.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Still working on the alternator issue, but pulled her out and gave 'er a wash and wax then took a couple pictures. At first I didn't like the yellow, it's growing on me... From looking at these pictures I've noticed some things. First I need to line up my bumper and second DAMN that truck pan hangs low! Hope I don't run into any issues with that until I can get a built motor and have to pull it anyway.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Thanks guys for all the help and encouragement. Finally got my tags/insurance and took her out on a trip today. about 60 miles and no efi related issues. about 60 miles. Only issue I had was I lost a bolt from my shift linkage so I had to drive home in 2nd gear (has a 2.3x stock rear still, no biggie). Car ran great, just needs a little more love, money and parts.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Still thinking on that one... Probably end up with a 4" windshield length pin on and hope it fits. 6" is just a wee bit to much I think. Hope it will fit, I think it will...

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
haven't updated this thread in a bit.

before the local 1/8th mile close up last year I went to the track, went 9.2 at about 82mph, IN FIRST GEAR with a 2.2 60' leaving wide open with no spin lol.

I bought a 8.8 with a 3.73 i'm working on getting in the car. This past weekend I pulled the motor and got busy redoing some stuff on the front end. had a bunch of rust under my old ac delete panel, so i cut that out and made a new panel, painted under the hood (that i still don't have), cut out a floor pan, drilled and tapped a vaccum port in my intake and painted it, and started some fab work on a new transmission cross member since i bought a set of headers to put on the ole girl. dumped out the from was too much for me. Here's a few pics of where I'm at with the car.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Baby steps. Little more work on the trans crossmember and an outside dry picture of my intake. Also got my headers in and most of my exhaust (3"). Hoping to make some progress Thursday, maybe get the motor in next weekend then just rewire the efi, pretty it up a bit. Kinda look over my work space.... Need to help dad clea. Out his garage... Or build my own

What do you guys use to clean engines, aluminum and iron? My engine is nasty

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts