5.3l LM7 Into The Wagon.

lostsrevenge

Weekend Racer
Dec 29, 2007
Davison MI
My dad's wrecked 2002 Silverado sat in his driveway for many months. Curtiousy of my sister not knowing how to drive in the rain. :-({|= I feel sorry for him, BUT after many many months of begging and pleading he as finaly caved and said I can have what ever I want off the truck. cool.gif

So I am planning phase and trying to prepare myself for things that are going to come up. Doober has been a great help so far. Anyone have any advice, this is the first engine I will have ever pulled.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Lots of pictures so you know where the wiring is and is not hooked up. While you have it out, might as well get a cam swap, you can ask lots of questions about woh's running what on www.performancetrucks.net or www.fullsizechevy.com to get great answers. If you've got money I'd grab some headers as well. If you grab the wiring harness and fuse block, go through it and eliminate what you don't need, which is a few things here and there, I took out the egr and most emissions stuff, minus the o2 sensors, just had it reprogrammed to not throw codes. You may want to get with boosted lq9 on here, I think he had the camaro accesorries minus the alternator and water pump, this will give it a lower profile and cleaner look, and help if you watn to swap in a ls6 intake later.

any other questions you've got?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I forgot to ask you if you read the threads in Phil's LS swap section.
http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34

I know you'll need to update the fuel system, 455_82malibu is running EFI on his, he may be able to give you some pointers on it.

There is a shop in MI that does EFI stuff (howellefi.com), might be slightly easier than getting support from an out-of-state shop. The guy that started the company used to work for GM doing something related to the fuel system. I haven't dealt with them at all, but will probably get ahold of them when it's time for an LS motor in mine.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts