6.0 injection question

8secChevy

Amateur Racer
Jun 28, 2008
Williamstown, NJ
You can use the same convertor with the old school trans just need a flexplate adapter bushing. Hughes performance sells them for $44, and a new flexplate for $133.

G-Body

Daily Driver
Feb 18, 2008
Downers Grove
You don`t need an electronic trans to run EFI. You can just have the computer flashed as a manual trans and run whatever transmission you want behind it. EFI is cheaper if you buy the motor complete with everything, I only had $2600 into my whole swap. But then again I also re-worked my own harness.

And to the OP`s question, yes the 5.3L parts are all the same. You will have to have the PCM reflashed though. And although GM uses the same injectors for the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0L they seemed a little small in the 6.0, I was running a 96% injector duty cycle at WOT.

8secChevy

Amateur Racer
Jun 28, 2008
Williamstown, NJ
I know you can run EFI without the electronic trans. I was worried about trying to make the TV cable work with my 700r4 since the engine I have is drive by wire. I still may go EFI if I could sell my existing engine and trans, but its been tough with the economy in the crapper.

G-Body

Daily Driver
Feb 18, 2008
Downers Grove
Making a tv cable work with the DBW pedal can be done. I have heard that some of the guys on LS1Tech were able to add a bracket to the DBW pedal to make it actuate the tv cable.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
8secChevy said:
You can use the same convertor with the old school trans just need a flexplate adapter bushing. Hughes performance sells them for $44, and a new flexplate for $133.

Or you can use a flexplate out of a 6.0 that has a spacer made on to it and buy longer bolts. It may not save you money if you buy this stuff new, but if you found one used it would be worth it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts