6.0 opinion needed

XgrimmyX

Daily Driver
Sep 10, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa.
Ok, so i know I want to go 6.0 lq4 and I wanted anyone who has done the swap to give some feedback. Is there a particular model I should search for a used motor out of, and any input as far as drive by wire or cable from personal experience would be helpful. My aim (for now) is just a nice bu with a modern drivetrain but I really can't seem to find anyone who has a preference to either of what I was curious about.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Look for my post about the lq9 swap.

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=81540

I loved the engine, but I had a hard time making the front end accesorries fit, though you can go to a junkyard and get the camaro accesories and it'll fit great under the hood and run an electric fan. I used the cable throttle body instead of the DBW setup. Mine is from an 02 truck. The pan is a little long, but it works just fine. It really depends on what you are trying to do, but while its out of the vehicle a good cam swap and a car intake (ls6 or FAST) would be a good addition. Don't know what else you want to know, but if you have questions you can pm me

XgrimmyX

Daily Driver
Sep 10, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa.
Thanks alot for the info and the link. I'm definitely going to cam it while the motor is out and give myself some time to round everything else up for the swap. From what I'm gathering it doesn't seem that hard to do, just alot of details to work out and get dialed in. I'll keep the site updated when I start the swap and I'll most likely have TONS of info and pix while I'm doing the body and paint on it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts