8.8 FORD g-body custom rear end housing and axle package

Status
Not open for further replies.

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
OK here is a question... what would it be worth to you all for us to make a custom 8.8 ford housing with axle package that will directly bolt into your g-body .

Only thing you would need would be the upper control arms which looks to be the same as a 12 bolt chevy in width...so that might be very easy to fab...BUT we would supply them if you needed.

What I am asking is what do you think is a fair price? If we get to a happy medium we can build these up for you guys. remember we do need to make some money on these...lol. can not stay in business with out paying the bills .

So lets here some thoughts.

These rears will use ALL your stock GM rims, brakes from your old 7.5 10 bolt rear , spring perch mounts, lower control arm mounts and shock mount locations. U-joint could need modifying and the upper control arms will need to be modifidied.

We already build these for the S-10 chevy guys for street strip applications

Take care, Jim Mitschke
J D Race.com

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
sounds cool man! :thumbsup: ...since I'm in Germany perhaps there will be a swap-kit or something without the 8.8? I mean I already have found some 8.8 fox rears here at german junkyards..

A

Anonymous

There is a guy that goes by KEVINS on the forum who is building the arms upper and lower maby you guys could work together :-k

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Still not coming up with the answer were looking for. Price for the 8.8 ford g-body housing and axle package and or just a housing.

I have to see what kind of realistic price range you are all in and whether spending money on this is worth while...??? S-10 guys buy them up like hot cakes but they are racing the 3000 # little trucks. They also are using a leaf spring rear so everything is cheaper to do .

Would you all want them to just be raw kind of rusty exterior if it saved you 50.00 or prefer it all blasted and pay 50.00 more? The inside has to be fairly clean just to build the rear with the narrowing jig etc.

500.00 400.00 300.00 for a custom housing? I know it will not be a MOSER housing with all new casting and axle tubes but labor is labor.

axles are pretty much at MOSER price so hardly away around that. I can probably save you the shipping cost on the axles.

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
i'm not clear on this... is it the housing (blasted) for 300-500. plus the price of the axles?

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
JB - No I have not come up with a price...I am asking you guys what you think you would pay for a product such as a 8.8 g-body rear end custom housing.... I was asking $500 or $400.00 or $300.00 etc. A Moser chevelle 12 bolt housing is 988.00 FOR you to buy PLUS shipping... NO axles included...That is just a housing!

Axles are going to be Moser with the 8.8 and the type of length does NOT exist in stock form SO ...they will be custom c-clip axles and Mosers price is 295.00 plus shipping from Moser engineering IF you bought the axles from them direct...BUT I can beat that price a little with my buy in pricing and at least knock off the shipping cost from them to you. could be 10-20 buck discount. ???

What I am desperately trying to do here is find a price range you guys are willing to pay and see if this will be a good venture for both of the Malibu racing and J D Race.com to follow through on? If you all think 100.00 for a custom housing is all your willing to pay, then in the garbage the idea goes. I am a small enough company that over head is low and can discount labor a lot...BUT I do need to make a profit too. Right?

Sooo.... a housing and axle package will be 285 ish + the housing (which price has NOT been determined yet.) I have a general idea BUT I do not want to kill the idea before enough people have given an opinion on price and if you will even want this 8.78 rear at all??

Jim

holtjohn

Frequent Racer
Oct 15, 2008
I want a 8.8 for my elky but im a cheap basturd so I would say 300 for the housing if i was able to use a salvage yard axle shaft.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
I think these would sell....posi's and gears are dirt cheap. Will the driveshaft have to be modified?

blumonte

Weekend Racer
Jul 25, 2008
minnesota
I have a 9 inch so I am not really interested but if it were me buying it I would say if the whole thing can be done for $1000 it would be a good day. By that i mean the customer has all the parts need.
Ring and pinion $175
Bearing kit $75
Axles $300
Brakes, free-already on car
Factory T-lok $100 by the time customer rebuilds themselves.

I think if you are in the $400ish range plus shipping you would be fair and I think they would disappear like pizza at a weight watchers convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!