9'' Rear

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
I've looked around for a 9'' housing and axles for my Malibu, and I've found a deal for about $800. Anyone else know of a better deal?

Also would it be worth looking for a GN 10 bolt instead of spending $1500 plus on a 9''?

Has anyone had any luck out of a stock 7.5 10 bolt with like an axle upgrade and maybe a better posi unit?

Sorry for all of the questions, just wanting some input on whats the best bang for the buck.

STROKERBU

Weekend Racer
Jan 20, 2009
Savannah, GA
Try quick performance. They have great deals. I got my 9 inch with moser axles, center section with a posi track unit and 3.89 gears. Also came with a disc brake conversion kit. All new for $2,000. Well worth the money and a bolt up installation.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Does it change your wheel spacing or is it stock length?

STROKERBU

Weekend Racer
Jan 20, 2009
Savannah, GA
All stock direct bolt up unless you specify you want it longer or shorter.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
STROKERBU said:
All stock direct bolt up unless you specify you want it longer or shorter.

Sounds good.

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
I too went with Moser 9 and love it. Takes the worry out of running the puny 7.5. Quick performance.com is the cheapest around tho. Last time I checked you could score a 9 inch housing with axles for 715.00 from them.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
that sounds like a good deal to me man,i got hosed ](*,) from currie,i'd never deal with them again live&learn!

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
I also have a QP 9". Good service, you just call them up and talk to them directly. Mine was also $2000 to my door. With the QP rears you have to due the assembly, center section, axles, brakes etc. It is easy tho. The (2) issues if you can call it that, are the heavy duty bolts that hold the backing plates to the axle. They need to be ground down slightly in order to sit flush against the axle flange. Also the lower shock mount doesn't have the proper angle on it. It is and easy fix by cutting a bushing on an angle to accommodate the shock mount. (Courtesy of Slimbo)

DSCF1738.jpg

STROKERBU

Weekend Racer
Jan 20, 2009
Savannah, GA
Here is mine. I hear you about the bottom shock mounts not having the proper angle but I was still able to mount the shocks. The heavy duty bolts you have to grind but With the disk brake caliper mount it comes pre taped to install the bolts from the other side and use the caliper mount as the nuts. The onle issue was that I had to cut an allen wrench to be able to tighten the bolts due to clearance but it worked out and the 4th bolts does note go through the bracket so I grounded a nut instead to be able to mount it. I am happy with it though and the car drives a whole lot better...

Attachments

• rear1.jpg
    rear1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,108
  • rear3.jpg
    rear3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,105

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!