98 s10 brakes - yes yes?

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Tony.
I've always found that set up attractive. Not only having the 11" rotors, but also the upgrade to dual piston calipers.

I would grab them for $120. that's an excellent price.

Somewhere I've seen someone convert that set up using large Corvette rotors.
The only thing is that the calipers would need to be moved outward using a machined extension, if you will.

Jack

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
I wanted this swap for my Malibu so the 11" would be great for the 16" wheel setup.

Only thing is the truck was hit pretty hard quarter first and the wheel took the hit. I have to still go look at it, but kinda leary now that I know more about the damage.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
There's info on the turbobuick.com forum for the C5 Vette brakes swap. It's pricey though, somethin' I'd stay away from just because of the price of servicing :lol:

BuWaGone

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2003
Hawaii
Tony_SS said:
Brandon, I've heard that there is alot of drag on the wheel from the calipers with the setup. Can you spin your wheels pretty freely?
Yeah, the wheels do spin freely. I haven't driven the car much since the swap. Today I drove it a couple miles to a friends house and the sound went away after a block or so. This weekend I'm gonna remove the front wheels and inspect them.

On a side note when I drove the car I noticed the steering was pretty sloppy. I think the steering box is "loose". Right now the car has the steering box with a big circle on top, I want to replace it with on from a GN with the four bolt top cover. Does anyone know if the hose fittings have the same threads in both boxes?

Sorry 'bout thethread jack Tony.

BAD78BU

Weekend Racer
Feb 13, 2007
Texas
S-10 19995-2000

I am interested in doing the S-10 rear conversion on my 78 Malibu. Can anyone shed more light on the S-10 conversion to my 87 Monte Rear end? Also Has anyone done it or used the bracket to do it with Cadillac part? :shock: :!:

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Here's the thread where it all started:
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38400&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Be sure to read the whole thread. dwkohout did it to the (I believe) 12-bolt in his Cutty. It may work on the other rears, but I'm not positive. If it does, I'll also be doing the rear disc conversion.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts