MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
superdiv1 said:
MVC-751F.jpg

MVC-752F.jpg

hope this helps.

-Tony :twisted:

Not bustin' balls, but your bowl vents really should be seeing the same air pressure as the rest of the carb. I'm sure it's working just fine, but it could cause some tuning issues.

Tommy

A

Anonymous

not sure how to post pics. send me a email and I will send you pics if interested[/img]

A

Anonymous

nitroxtreme said:
not sure how to post pics. send me a email and I will send you pics if interested[/img]
No problem! Pm send. :D Pics have to be hosted so they don't bog the site down. I'm still learn'n this stuff too. :lol:

A

Anonymous

011507039.jpg
011507040.jpg
IMG_0926.jpg
This is my air pan with the optional airfilter when I'm on the street

A

Anonymous

what is a air pan good for i thought the idea of a cowl hood was to get hot air out but if you put the air pan on the carb looks like to me it would block the air trying to escape out the hood.

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
air pan

my understanding of a cowl hood isnt to let hot air out but to take advantage of the pressure area at the bottom of the windshield. if you seperate the hot air in the engine bay from the outside air at the carb with a pan, then your carb will only realize a cooler, higher pressure air intake. now how much improvement it makes im not sure.

A

Anonymous

dont know if it would always pick up at the traps, but if you are trying to run on a given octane of fuel and are at the edge, it would seem to be a sure fire way to help prevent detonation with a cooler intake charge

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!