anti sieze

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
That reminds me of something I read a LONG time ago- I don't remember when or where, most likely at the Chevy dealership I worked at. Anyway, the article was about how many aftermarket chrome lugs gall & seize on the studs because they're standard lugs that have just been chromed, which changes the thread depth & spacing. The article even mentioned that of you look at OEM chrome lug nuts, the threads aren't chromed.

Tommy

built

Dragway Regular
Apr 15, 2005
ohio
Thanks Tommy as always I appreciate your help.

Let me ask you this, is it ok to NOT pull the axels out and just install new studs and pull them through with a air gun or maybe with a regular ratchet or fourway to be easier on the treads , or should the axels be removed and the studs pressed in at a shop.

A lot of questions I know but I want to get it as right as I can.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Well I've been using never seize on all my wheel stud/lug nuts on all the vehicles I've owned for the last 35 years,was shown to do so by my dad,I've never had a lug nut come loose,never had one seize either,My 2cents,KillerDave

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Well I've been using never seize on all my wheel stud/lug nuts on all the vehicles I've owned for the last 35 years,was shown to do so by my dad,I've never had a lug nut come loose,never had one seize either,My 2cents,KillerDave

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
use a quality lug nut. i only run mcgard open end lugs.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts