bellhousing question

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
79izfine said:
...seeing i have to buy a transmission and the lakewood looks around $1500 looks to be awhile b 4 it happens i did however get lucky i found a fact fork which i will take to the grave . once again thanks for eveyones input on this subject

If you mean the Lakewood safety bellhousing, they're only like $399.00, not $1500.00. I think the application needed for the stock "bent" clutch fork is #15050.

Tommy

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
with the purchase of the transmission would be about $1500 my research on craigslist for a rebuilt muncie is $650-$1000.00

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Man,
What's your name anyhow? I just read your last post about rebuilt Muncies,I can't remember the website I have it stored on my computor at work but there's an outfit out there that sells brandy new "Super-
Muncies" for like $1795.00 or so I know that's starting to get into OD
territory with the bellhousing and everything but these things are supposed to be good for like 700hp,Italian gearsets,HD cases & tailshafts and shifter covers with roller bearings in them!!! They look really cool!!! I think all I did was google up Muncie,they say they have
M20's,M21's and M22 Rockcrushers!! In close or wide ratios!!! I was thinking a wide M22 with a gear vendors od now wouldn't that be exotic!,Check them out,Later

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
my name is John check this out this is where i planned on getting my trans from http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/930682760.html its somewhat close so shipp may not be so bad that trans you described sounds great i am looking for short $$$

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey John,
Yea I can deffinatly understand the $$$$$$ issue that's why mine has a used M21 in it instead of the exotic peice I described earlier,I checked that guy's add and it all looks good in the pics but from years of dealing with people all I can tell you is buyer beware! I'd make shure and ask him where he gets the parts as I've heard over the years that there are gear sets that come from Italy (very good) and China (not
very good) and of course dealing with an idividual good luck on warranty issues,of course he may be doing a nice job with good quality parts,if so you're ok but I don't know,I've been told my M21 (large spline out of a big block car) to the right person is worth $600.00 the way it sits for a restoration kind of deal so I'd be dubious about a
"fresh rebuild" for $600.00,just my opinion,Good Luck! Dave

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
well as it stands i have no idea when i will be going down the road . 1 of my concerns is getting a used one and it not operating good so i figure a rebuilt one stands a better chance of it working properly as long as the rebuilder knows what they are doing however thanks for the quality parts info i would have never known thanks

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Killerdave8813 said:
Hey Man,
What's your name anyhow? I just read your last post about rebuilt Muncies,I can't remember the website I have it stored on my computor at work but there's an outfit out there that sells brandy new "Super-
Muncies" for like $1795.00 or so I know that's starting to get into OD
territory with the bellhousing and everything but these things are supposed to be good for like 700hp,Italian gearsets,HD cases & tailshafts and shifter covers with roller bearings in them!!! They look really cool!!! I think all I did was google up Muncie,they say they have
M20's,M21's and M22 Rockcrushers!! In close or wide ratios!!! I was thinking a wide M22 with a gear vendors od now wouldn't that be exotic!,Check them out,Later

That's Auto Gear Corp. You can get their stuff directly from them. Great trannies! I'm trading my '69 SS 396 M20 in for when when the time comes.

http://www.autogear.net/literature3.htm

Tommy

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Funny you should mention that place. That's where I got some parts for my Muncie. They're about 20 minutes from me. I walked in & told the guy what I needed, he walked over to his desk, handed me a reverse idler he was using as a paper weight :shock: , then disappeared into the back of the store and came back out 1 minute later with the other parts I needed. Didnt even have to look them up. Parts fit and work perfect, and yes they came from Italy. I would def. recommend them.

Truckedup

Weekend Racer
Dec 15, 2008
Western NY state
For use without a scatter bell,I just converted my 81 El Camino to a standard transmission.I used a #14060627 early 80's Camaro bellhousing with a 80's Chevy pu truck generic clutch fork.The clutch linkage rod is in a straight line and clears the transmission tunnel .I got the housing on Ebay for about 60 bucks.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Tommy,
I was just on that site,looks like the same stuff but I don't think it's the same company as I was lookin at,I'll have to remember to look it up at work tomorrow,super cool stuff though,I'm still trying to win the lottery so I can make my automotive fantasy's a reality,buddy of mine had a 71 Z-28 with a factory Rock Crusher and just thinking about the sound that transmission made makes the hairs stand up on my arms! Kinda like Old AC DC or Terrible Ted does! Can't help it I'm that ate up! Later,Dave

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts