bellhousing question

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Tommy,
The Muncie site I've been lookin at is from an outfit called TB Transmission out of Washington state,looks like the same stuff,they also have some cool info on there,and maybe a little better pricing,
http://www.tbtrans.com will take you there,check it out! Later,Dave

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Yeah, that's all AGE's stuff. I'm probably going to deal with Ed Hartnett's 4 speeds. They're relatively local to me & I've already had some conversations with them. They're willing to talk swap value for my numbers correct '69 SS396 M20. I'd rather trade it in & let someone else get the correct transmission for their car than to rebuild it with the upgraded parts & destroy the history of the transmission.

Tommy

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
No doubt,same with me,I never have really researched the one I have to find out where it really belongs but it's a big spline,wide ratio with
two notches in the input shaft,seems like I read somewhere it's an late 60's early 70's M-21,It came out of a 66 Malibu beater car with a small block my younger brother had years ago,I drove the car quite a bit and fell in love with the transmission,It makes Muncie noises! Took me year to pry it out of his grasp,I'll use it for a while,hopefully not tear it up and try to pass it on to a restoration some day when I can come across something more exotic for the right price,Later

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
If memory serves me, No lines/grooves on the input shaft means m22, 1 line is an m21, and two lines are an m20.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Streetbu,
I'm afraid I'll have to call brain fade,you are correct 2 lines mean wide ratio and that would be an M-20,I was just on a site that has an extremely informative Muncie ID article and that's what they said,My bad,anyway if anyone's interested it looks like they have a little something about anything standard shift,www.5speeds.com,check it out! Later,Dave

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts