Bullit wheels on wagon?

A

Anonymous

Or maybe the 4.5" is the bolt circle pattern which is what Ford uses insteadt of the 4.75" that GM uses.

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
Well, here is the fiasco. As you all know I bought the set of 4 wheels/tires/adapters/lugs off of ebay. Last week I only get 3 wheels! :x I call the USPS and they said it happens, it should be in and to wait 14 business days, then file a lost parcel claim. I'd like to know how the ______ you lose a 45 lb box, that is 30"x30"x12" !! :evil: So I mount the 3 that I have, the 2 on the front and one one the drivers rear. They have the 4.5 inch backspace with the adapters. The rear is perfect, the front on the other hand rubs like crazy! I don't know how you guys are running 17x8's w/4.5 BS, and lowered as much as you are and don't have clearence issues. I have the 2 inch bell-tech spindles and the moog 5660 springs. The springs probobly dropped me a 1/2 inch ??(anybody sure). I was thinking I have to get rid of the springs. Maybe get the 5662's, or a new monte SS spring. The thing is is I want a high spring rate without a lower ride. The spindles take care of that. I can't afford to just buy 2 new adapters, to push the wheels inboard more. Maybe if I had 1 inch adapters instead of 1.5 inch adapters I'd have some more clearance. Oh well, I should be use to this BS now, this has been my kinda luck my entire life. :lol: nothing ever goes right, and shipping companies hose me.

A

Anonymous

Do you have the room to chuck the adapters in a lathe to take some off the back or maybe the front...If the wheel studs are set towarss the back then you could pop them out and take off what you need from the front...I have never run adaprter but plan on running some up front soon...Just an idea

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
I was actually thinking of doing that. I can take them to the machinist at my base and have him remove 1/4 inch off and try that. But in the meantime I have to space up the springs or change them or something.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Man that really sucks!! Sorry to hear you're going thru a rough time of it..

don't despair. things will get better. It's just hard getting thru situations..or riding 'em out..
You'll get the wheel issue sorted out...d@mned shippers..and also your spacer issue. Good luck!
Jack ;)

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
Adapters? I didn't see any mention of adapters in that ad.

Now I'm confused. :?

Also- that seller claims 0mm offset, which is 4" backspace on an 8" rim.

Now I'm further confused. :? :?

What tire size are you trying to run up there, like a 245/40?

Where is the rub point?

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
Sorry el coolmino, I bought them from another person. He had the wheels on his s-10 and had spacers cause they had like 6 inches of back spacing, so with 1.5 inch spacers I have 4.5 inches of backspacing. The tires are goodyear 245ZR-45-17's. The rub point is the outside end of the tires and the wheelwell lip. I drove it 100 miles, to and from work, and wore the plastic wheelwell completely away! :shock: So I took out the belltech drop spindels and put the stockers in. Brought the front end up 2 inches, toooo much, and knocked the toe all out of whack. So I am going into work tomorrow and making a few 1/8 inch thick aluminum shims. I am putting the drop spindles back in and using the shims on the top of the spring to space the moog 5662 springs up till I gain about 3/4 inch of ride height. That shoud keep off the wheelwell during most driving. And keep the racked stance I love so much.

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
Have you actually measured the backspace on those rims? Here's why I ask.

Having looked at those a time or two myself, I'm also anxious to help you figure this out, and maybe prevent a mistake of my own. So I hopped on ebay and started looking at specs.

First off, they're offered in 9" width aftermarket and 8" width from ford. You're sure you have 8" rims?

Second, there's 2 fitments of the OEM ford 8" rims. 05-06 use a 48mm offset, which works out really close to 6" backspace.

The 94-04 bullit rims are 29mm offset. This is more like 5" backspace. Which would end up around 3.5 backspace with the adapters. And would also TOTALLY explain your problem.

Good Luck, keep us posted!

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
Yes I have measured them too. They are the FORD rims, they are 17x8, it's even cast in the back of the rim. And the backspace is cast too, they are the 6 inch BS rims. with the 1.5" adapters, bolted to the rims, they are 4.5 inches of back spacing. When I have some more time I may have a cure for my problem. I'll post back in a few days. Gonna get load this weeekend so I won't be able to type, let alone stand :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts