cant get hooked up

s.carthen

Aug 11, 2010
im new to board but read a lot of interesting stuff. i have 80 malibu 28 10.5 tires stock suspension car aftco double adjustable coilovers all around car weighs lil over 3200 with me in it but ever since i`ve trying to spray it it blows tires off at line.but before nitrous stall and coilovers car had 1.3 sixtys on motor wit 90/10 in front set up for big block and 3 way adjustablles in rear. with that set up no nitrous stall spraying 100 car went 1.29 sixty and 5.79 in eighth @121. wanted to run faster so changed everything to coilovers and have had problems every since. oh car does have antiroll bar and adjustable upper control arms on rear. control arms are edlebrock. man i need some help gettin this thing rollin like it should be. i was reading an article where DB was talking bout ic so if any can help or knows him please get wit me so i can get this thing hookin think hes in alabama around huntsville im not far away . need a stock suspensions man expert advice. o ya its a smallblock nitrous car.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
What rate springs out back? How much are you trying to hit it with off the line?

s.carthen

Aug 11, 2010
i think 375# on front and i no 125# on back i no i need more in front maybe less in rear too it weighed a lil under 1800 in front and right at 1450 on rear. but trying to leave wit 225 on brake at 3000 rpm stall locks at 4500 . and even leaving that low it blows tires off at line

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Your trying to hit it with all that power right off the hit? Are you taking extra timing retard out on the hit, or do you have a progresso?. That's a lot of power to hit it with off the line 100% for a car that already runs high 5's on motor. I think you're gonna need some power management there. What do you have your rear shocks set at on rebound and compression?

s.carthen

Aug 11, 2010
i will have to check settings today to see exactly wat the setting are but since ive changed gearing and now a neil chance converter car does 6.60 conservatively on motor.but gears now are 4.10s was thinking bout trying 3.55s dont no. motor seems to love nitrous but with this new combo cant get car to hook and it went faster with looser converter and way less nitrous.and no no progressor gonna put 7531 box on later.total timing on 35 degrees nitrous comes on engine retard now set for 12 degrees to come out still wont hook. i wanna run some 30s i think motor capable suspension just hasnt come together.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts