Converting to disc brakes

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
From all original brakes to disc brakes.. can be used, what do you reckon is the lowest price for the lot?
I have no idea myself so I'm just wondering :)

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Alexander,
Although I've never done it (yet) my educated guess would be a 3rd of 4th generation F-body,Camaro/Firebird,If you could find one with a 7.5 rear with disks you've got it made,get the rotors,calipers,brackets as much of the e-brake,cables etc.
floor mounted lever would be cool too if you have bucket seatsand no console,master cylinder and combination/proportioning valve and I think all that stuff could be adapted over to a G-body car and you've got the disc rear brakes the General never put on our cars! I imagine someone has done it somewhere so with a bit of serious googling you could probably find a conversion thread somewhere,maybe even here! I havn't searched for that one yet but I've though about it a bit because there for a while it was looking like the 81 was going to have a 7.5 untill the 9" became
affordable to me but now it looks like that very 7.5 is going to be in a 78 I've
aquired recently! Funny how life goes sometimes! KillerDave

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I've done alot of swaps this way 1997 S10 2wd rotors, Malibu Calipers and weld on brackets from speedway. This set doesn't have a parking brake. It cost less than $150 to do the last one.

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Thanks for the info, I forgot one major bit of info though(I can't understand how I forgot it)
I have a 9" from a 1gen Bronco, but I have the Chevy bolt pattern
Since I'm going for a total restoration of my Malibu I thought that disc brakes would be a nice modification :)

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
What told You still should work.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts