Dead Short

El Camino Junkie

Amateur Racer
Apr 15, 2007
WALTERS, OK
Anyboday have any ideas on searching out a short? :-k #-o ](*,)

It is draining the batter fairly quick. I drove the car the other day, and parked it. Popped the hood, and i could here what sounded like wires grounding at the blower motor. The key was off, so there should not have been any power to the motor though, so i cant think of why it would be doing that. Any help???

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Did you try unplugging the blower motor? Wires grounding is never a good thing, quickest way to a fire if there is no fuse/fusible link considering the amperage capability of the battery.

El Camino Junkie

Amateur Racer
Apr 15, 2007
WALTERS, OK
I think what started this whole mess was a small flash fire to begin with. I have traced wires, cut, stripped, and replaced the area i cut out. I just dont know where to start. I think i need to cut the wire loom back a little farther to make sure it did not melt something farther back. It just has me puzzled. I did unplug the blower motor. It stopped the cound I was hearing, but still drained the battery.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Sounds like the blower high speed wire is partially shorting out. It's the red wire that comes from the starter solenoid up to the blower.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts