do i have to much carb?

iwannawheelie

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2008
CT
7-8 Psi if you run a red pump u can run it unregulated, On my combo i run a red and it fed the 406 just fine with 7 ponds of pressure. A blue will need to be regulated IMO i would just use the red less of a hassle and u dont realy need anymore pressure than it puts out.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
i'd rauther get the blue and have to much that i can regulate down, than have to little to just buy another pump later if i go bigger, that and i found a blue local NIB for 100. they have a built in regulator dont they? i'm just a fuel pump, slicks, and a posi away from the track now.. and seatbelts, they'd probably frown on that lol

iwannawheelie

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2008
CT
360demonRT said:
i'd rauther get the blue and have to much that i can regulate down, than have to little to just buy another pump later if i go bigger, that and i found a blue local NIB for 100. they have a built in regulator dont they? i'm just a fuel pump, slicks, and a posi away from the track now.. and seatbelts, they'd probably frown on that lol

The blue is internally regulated at 14 psi that is way to much it will push right through the carb, needs to be regulated with with an external regulator, if the pump is nib is should come with an external holley regulator.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts