DRIVE SHAFT MOD.

KingLevi

Weekend Racer
Sep 28, 2005
Louisville, KY
anyone tell me how much to shorten stock drive shaft with th 350 and gn 8.5 10bolt? Was a 200 metric and 7.5 10 bolt.
Thanks for any info. sorry for confusion I was meaning in measurement. thanks supe
thought it was around 1"

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Probably around $100 for a cut, weld, and balance with new u joints. At least that's close to what I paid a while back.

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
If you are patient, and meticulous, you might get away with doin it yourself. I have done it on my jeeps with no real problems. These were not exactly fast or powerful trucks though.
(And the one I did on my car has held up fine to an LS so far, but it is a little wobbly, so a new one is high on the list for me.)

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I've heard anywhere from .5" .75", and 1". I had mine cut down 1" because I also lowered my car. Your best bet is to measure just to make sure.

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
install the slip yoke to the witness mark and then measure from the centre line to the centre line of the u-joints and then pass those measurements to your driveline guy. Make sure the car has the suspension loaded, I have people do that to me all the time and measure their driveshafts with the rear end unloaded. I charge $165.00 for a cut and weld and a balance and new u-joints

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts