Elco rear suspension

464elcamino

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2010
alton illinois
What Mod made your elcomino hook the best?

elcamino814

Amateur Racer
Nov 21, 2009
Beecher,illinois
i have an 81 elco and have tubular non adjustible umi upper and lower control arms, QP 9 inch with a 3.70 gear , stock v6 rear springs and some 275 mt drag radials. im in the process of putting a 388 sbc in now that should have 550 hp on spray but ill let you know how it hooks once im done. should be next week!

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
elcamino814 said:
i have an 81 elco and have tubular non adjustible umi upper and lower control arms, QP 9 inch with a 3.70 gear , stock v6 rear springs and some 275 mt drag radials. im in the process of putting a 388 sbc in now that should have 550 hp on spray but ill let you know how it hooks once im done. should be next week!

Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance! Like mentioned above we offer a wide variety of suspension parts that will be sure to met your needs. For you application I would suggest going with the lift bar set up part # (3020). The lift bar will hold up to anything you will be able to throw at it and also give you adjustment for your instant center. And they also eliminate wheel hop and increase your traction performance. And as far as the uppers go I would suggest a set of adjustable upper part # (3017) with the rod ends to not only hold up under pressure they also will allow you adjust your pinion angle. But in the end it all depends on what the vehicle is going to be used for. Street or the Strip. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad :D

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
I used the anti hop bars from dickmiller racing. That made it hook really well and i'm currently running a 275 50-15 MT drag radial. Granted, its a 13.0's car it 60's in 1.75 its got global west bushings up front with heavy duty stock springs in the front and stock springs and air shocks i run with no air in them when i race. I pump them up as high as i can (80-90 psi) for the drive home with my trailer hooked up. its simple and really not exotic and it seems to work with what i've got.

elcoholic

Amateur Racer
Feb 4, 2008
Omaha, NE
I'm running the kit that is for 1301-1550lb's... http://www.jegs.com/i/QA1/122/DR2000K/10002/-1

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts