Factory steel wheels copo look

Red Light Bandit

Daily Driver
Nov 29, 2011
Guys im looking to have a copo look with my malibu. Ive already got some dog dish caps and 15x7 chevy steel wheels. I would like to run a m/t et street radial on the rear. Can I use a 255/60/15 on a stock 15x7 steel wheel. Or can I go bigger or do I need to go smaller. I dont have any frame mods or trimed wheel lip and would like to keep it that way. I hope someone out there has some knowledge on this matter. Thanks for the time and help.

Red.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Before I got the 17" wheels I ran 235/60 15 fronts & 255/60 15 rears on Monte SS wheels. There was no rubbing anywhere.

Tommy

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
That has to be my favorite look. If I was going to change the look, I'd go with the COPO look.

32fenderless

Weekend Racer
Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Ia
You can order 15" steel wheel in a number of widths from several manufacturers. Jeg's has them listed.
I have built wheels before i drilled out the spot welds from the factory wheels and ordered wheel hopps from speedway motors and welded my factory centers into them i mounted them on the front of the car to be able to spin the wheel to true it. I am going with a copo look with my Malibu. Steelies,stick with a bench seat and radio delete. I am keeping the air tho. I want to enjoy driving it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts