Ford 8.8 swap....

gearheads78

Pro Stocker
Nov 6, 2003
Dallas TX
Any updates on this. Sounds like the most complicated would be building the custom upper control arms. Making LCA mounts and spring pads would be easy. I'm had this idea in the bad of my head forever just never acted on it to see what it would take.

Jackstand

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 6, 2003
KANSAS CITY, MO
gearheads78 said:
Sounds like the most complicated would be building the custom upper control arms

could you use these with a malibu contorl arm? im not sure how different they are?

gmspherical.jpg

dasbrdr

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2004
Seattle, Wa
8.8's also came in late 80's turbo coupe and super coupe thunderbirds. all have posi's and most have 3.73 gears already. Also most if not all come from the factory with disc brakes. We put one in our 92 mustang, it was a direct bolt in. In the malibu if would be a little work.

A

Anonymous

hmmm, i was going to go look for a grenada 9 inch and go with ladder bars and a spool, this for sure has to be an easier find and i can get the disc brake setup too

A

Anonymous

Tim said:
for some reason i can't fined the tech aera im_sorry.gif
you have to go through the main http://www.maliburacing.com page, not the forums heres a direct link http://www.maliburacing.com/tech.html

A

Anonymous

UPDATE GUYS!!!!

Sorry for the long wait.... Moving into a new shop, we have a CNC plasma table that just arrived for another business, the benefit would be some automotive applications can be hammered out quick. Everything looks great... I will be updating more regularly as it goes...

I just got a 1980 Malibu :D Its the new project car

A

Anonymous

definatly not a hard swap... yall hang tight might have a kit as a solution in three weeks ;) Just bolt them in... and weld the spring perches using the supplied template.. I'll update every few days. Having a cnc plasma on hand really makes mass production a reality ;)

A

Anonymous

kick a$$, its nice to see a new rear end option for our cars :lol:

...now i need to find a rustang :-k

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Man! I just gave away a Blue Oval with an 8.8 :( This is a great idea. Those ford guys will hate us!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts