front end problem....

malevolentmotorsports

Amateur Racer
Feb 15, 2005
Long Island, New York
i just installed the g-body parts tublar front a-arms and also a new set of qa1 single adjustable front shocks....when i launch the car i feel the shocks maxing out!! and when this happens the front end drops back down unloading the tires....i checked the extended length and it is 13.5 inch....i checked a lot of other shocks and they are in the same ballpark..the koni's are 13.6 inches not much of a difference! when i jack the car up it doesnt seem like the wheels hangs a whole lot....i was told to try shock extenders to make the shock longer....but i was wondering if anyone else is having this problem....the other thing i was told was to strap the front end.....but now with all this lively front end travel it seems like i just did all this work in control arms and shocks just to tie it down!! if anyone has any kind of input it would be great i am just sitting here pulling my hair out wondering what to do!

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
What kind of 60 foot times are you running. Also where do you have the clicks in the front at? It sounds like you just need to tighten up the front shocks until it just barely doesnt top out. That'll slow the frontend rise somewhat, but in turn will prolong the initail hit. It sounds like the wrong direction, but its what needs to be done. Too loose on the shocks and its like having none at all.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts