front inner fender not lining up????

HURACANE

Weekend Racer
Apr 12, 2010
COOPER CITY, FL
So I bought me a set of nice clean inner fender wells for the front of my 86 Elcamino. (SO stupid **** threw mine away saying I didnt need them)
Anyway the pass. side fit perfect.
the drivers side not going so good. All the bolts lined up perfect except the three bolts that bolt to the outer lip of the fender.
I dont know what year or car mine came out of but I didnt know that it or if it made a differance.
Does anybody know if they differ from years or models?
DSC02986.jpg

DSC02987.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
IFAIK they're different from model to model, but I'm not sure in what ways. I know my 87 Monte & my 79 Cutlass inner fenders were both different from eachother & my 80 Malibu Classic.

Tommy

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Use 'em and make 'em fit.

Anyone close enough to see what you did has just been run over! :shock: :lol:

8)

bukweet

78 blu

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2006
Rothschild WI
It looks to me that your trying to tuck the inner well under the fender lip it goes over the outside.
I bolted the lip first (loose) and then started the inner bolts

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Different g-bodys will have different fenders/mounting points.

78 blu is right on the mounting outside of the lip.

HURACANE

Weekend Racer
Apr 12, 2010
COOPER CITY, FL
ya I was trying to mount it to the outside of the lip but the son of b*tch just pushes its self to where you see it in the pics. Its got to be a from the wrong year. I will see what the guy I got it from has. He has a stack of them.

HURACANE

Weekend Racer
Apr 12, 2010
COOPER CITY, FL
FINALLY got a new inner fender that lines up correctly. The inner fender I was trying to use must be out of a Regal or Cutlass. It for sure was not from a Monte, Malibu or Elcamino.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!