gbody 7.5 rear end can it take power

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
being you brought up the loc-rite..my son installed one in his turbo buick with the 8.5..pretty impressive unit..high 11's sticky rubber but not slicks..all good..the only thing he reports is uphill in the rain is spooky as it locks up under almost any power..but man it locks hard and fast!!.. the off-road one is very noisey on the street..the street on you can hear it . but not to noticable or loud. good luck

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I plan to get a TruTrac for both the truck and Malibu when it comes time to get into those kinda parts :)

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Doober said:
I plan to get a TruTrac for both the truck and Malibu when it comes time to get into those kinda parts :)

Good plan Doob, been happy with mine since I got it

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
I pricing parts right now. I'm thinking either a Lockrite/Powertax or an Eaton posi .I really don't have the budget but I also don't really like the mini spool on the street idea.

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
i'm pretty sure my son paid $475 thru summit for his...we were in a time crunch..we wouldnt have gone that way if it was planned....buuuuuttttt it worked out really nice..hes really happy with it..super e-z to install..carrier stays in place..took longer to jack it up and get the wheels off than install the loc-rite..i also know a guy with a big fullsize 4dr olds w/455 running high 12's that has had one for many yrs mostly all bracket racing hasnt broke it..good luck

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Well,I got to thinking-I'm rebuilding the rearend anyways,why not get the whole carrier? I'm still not sure what I'm gonna get yet. It's a money thing more than anything else.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
You can get Eaton Posi's on Evilbay for $375. The Yukon DuraGrip 'Eaton copy' can be had cheaper, Yukon Axles are good also & cheaper than most. I shopped around for cheapest prices then went with 'Complete Offroad' for all my Rear parts, Free S/H & they Beat or Match others prices. This was several Yrs. back & they beat the cheapest I found.
QuickPerformance seller name "staticz2229" has some smokin deals on Posi, Gears & Install kits 'package deals' on Evilbay. I'd check to see what brand Bearings the kit has tho'.
Yukon's Master Install kits are the better kits, they have Timken Bearings & the Super Shims.

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
i bought a yukon kit for my 12 bolt in my 72 wagon.. it was a nice kit all worked great!..the one advantage to the loc-rite is if you cant setup a new unit yourself, it would save cost there..but if your replacing the whole carrier..the yukon in a nice unit..good luck

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts