Header Issues

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I cannot get my passenger side header to work with my 1" setback mounts, the headers are pace setters for a f-body 98-02 the drivers side fits fine. Is there a different brand that will work and not need a bunch of modification? Thanks

Kevin Williams

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2003
Autryville,NC
www.angelfire.com
They worked fine for me. Im using the 7592 transdapt plates with gm clamshell frame mounts. But I had to move the frame pads into the v6 holes. By going this route, the trans is in the stock location, using my stock crossmember and driveshaft.

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I am using the v8 holes. I am also running a t-56 so I the transmission and motor fit with the iceman crossmember. Thet hit the frame really bad, if i was to smash the headers I would say I would be smashing the header tube in half.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
80bu said:
Thet hit the frame really bad, if i was to smash the headers I would say I would be smashing the header tube in half.

Where do they hit the frame-up toward the top, or down where the lower control arm donger hangs off? Are you sure you have the right clamshells & frame mounts? Are the headers some that a local shop had on the wall for 4 or 5 years, the older ones barely fit the f bodies-much less any thing else. I push the pacesetters with my plates, because I know they work...the height of the trans mount can really affect the angle of the engine and that could be screwin' you.
Will they clear if you move the engine/trans forward or backward?
My # is 920-660-6895 if you would like to discuss further.
More info please. thanks

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I bought the headers from summit. I have the t-56 mounted as high as I i get it with out tearing up the trans tunnel. The motor and trans are all in and bolted up, I have no problems with the drivers side. The clamshells are the ones that came off my sbc. I cannot move the engine back any further or I will be up on the firewall. I will call you tomorrow.Thanks

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts