Header question...

BOWTIEKID

Daily Driver
May 20, 2009
Leitchfield, Kentucky
I've got a bit of a dilemma. I got a set of 292 angle plug heads for the sbc in my 80 Malibu. I've been searching, and have yet to find a set of headers that will clear the heater box. I know a lot of people would just say to cut it out, but I personally don't like how it looks, and will eventually turn the car back into a full street car.

My question is, do you guys know of any headers that will clear the heater box? Or am I just going to have too find another head.

-Skylar

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
I think I had my box in when I used Dyno-max headers - The Hooker Super Comps should work, they don't say they won't work with the heater box, and the Schoenfeld won't work w/ an AC box. Before you buy any header call the manufacture (or Sumitt-Jegs) and make sure they will work. I have some pic's of Hookers & Schoenfelds w/out the box if it helps.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i've run the cheapo dyno-max headers with my a/c boxes twice it was tight but it did work.

BOWTIEKID

Daily Driver
May 20, 2009
Leitchfield, Kentucky
Thanks a bunch for the replies, I'll try the Dyno-max headers. I'll give Summit a call and see what they say. Again, thanks so much.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts